1. El Paso Times: “Gunfire from Mexico hitting El Paso City Hall prompts Texas AG to ask for more troops on border” The story contains the text of a letter the Texas Attorney General wrote to President Obama in which he says:
Yesterday, gunfire from the cartels pierced that threshold and struck City Hall in El Paso. Fortunately no one was injured or killed. But that good fortune was not the result of effective border control – it was mere luck that the bullets struck buildings rather than bodies. Luck and good fortune are not effective border enforcement policies. The shocking reality of cross border gunfire proves the cold reality: American lives are at risk. As the attached news article notes: “More than 1,300 people have been murdered in Juárez this year as a war continues relentlessly between the Juárez and Sinaloa drug cartels.” Americans must be protected as this deadly war bulges at our border.
2. Arizona Republic: “21 killed in rival Mexican gang shootout near U.S.-Ariz. border”
3. Arizona Republic: “Reaction to Obama immigration speech shows reform challenge”
4. Reuters: “Obama pushes immigration reform amid weak support”
5. Washington Times: “Obama tries to put Republicans on immigration hot seat”
6. Associated Press: “Obama says politics to blame for immigration delay”
7. New York Post: “Obama: Being American is ‘not a matter of blood or birth’”
8. Arizona Republic: “Gay business group decries Ariz. boycott“
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.