Professor Gabriel “Jack” Chin of the University of Arizona School of Law has prepare an annotated version of the full text of Arizona’s immigration law, SB 1070. the full text of SB 1070, The complete text of Senate Bill 1070 prepared by Professor Chin has been published by the Arizona Republic. Here are links to the highlights:
- Background points
- Who can get sued for what?
- What Does the Law Require of Law Enforcement?
- What uses of race do the U.S. and Arizona Constitutions permit and prohibit?
- Alerting officials
- What do the federal violations references consist of?
- What is the interaction with freepseech and other rights?
- Does this law make it a crime to be illegal on its face?